- National Libraries Day – Saturday 6 February 2016
National Libraries Day is a nationwide celebration of libraries and highlights what people can do in their local library and encourages them to become members. Books, Computers, Author Talks, Rhymetime, Book Groups, eBooks and Newspapers are some of the things we have on offer. Harry Potter Activity Tables will be in all of our children’s libraries. So why not visit your local Library today and find out what’s on offer?
IT Services in Libraries 5th until 7th February 2016
From Friday February 5th to Sunday February 7th the Borough Council will be doing maintenance on its technology systems. This is necessary work to ensure that it continues to operate effectively into the future. Unfortunately this work will impact on some of the services provided in libraries on those days:
- Libraries will be open and customers will be able to borrow and return library books.
- Public access to the internet in the library will not be available.
- Access to some online services may also be affected.
Whilst we will endeavour to provide the best service that we can there will be some disruption to services. We apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Activities for Adults
How to Promote Your Book Come to our talk with PR specialist Diane Hinds and find out how to promote your book, blog or short-story. The talk takes place at Wokingham Library on Thursday February 25, 6.30pm to 8pm, charge £3, call the library to book on (0118) 9781368
Knitting Classes Rachel Freegard will be running two further knitting classes for beginners on February 6& 13 at Wokingham Library between 10am and 12noon, charge £5 per session, call the library to book on (0118) 9781368
Beaded Delights Sign up for our beading workshops with Caroline Marriott at Lower Earley Library in March. You can sign up for all four classes or individual sessions on February 4, 11, 18& 25 2pm to 4pm, charge £5 per session. Call the library to book on (0118) 9312150
First Steps in Drawing Lyn Ebbett returns to Wokingham Library in to deliver First Steps in Drawing on February 29, March 7, 14, and 21 2pm to 4pm. Beginners welcome. To book call Wokingham Library on (0118) 9781368
Young People’s Activities
February Half Term Monday February 15 to Saturday 20, 2016
Adventure Stories and craft – For children aged 4 to 12 years old. £1.50 charge, Just drop in! Finchampstead Library Monday February 15 2.15pm to 3.15pm
Arts Explorers – Come and find out about how you can take part in the Arts Award Discover. Art is all around you, in places you might not expect! So make your own binoculars and special map so you can become an Art Explorer. For children aged 5 and over. Places must be booked.
- Wokingham Library Tuesday February 16 9.30am to 10.15am
- Lower Earley Library Tuesday February 16 11am to 11.45am
Explore Learning sessions – Free session with Explore Learning, Places must be booked.
- Lower Earley Library Charlie and Lola Tuesday February 16 9.45am to 10.45am
- Lower Earley Library Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Tuesday February 16 11am to 12noon
- Woodley Library Gruffalo Wednesday February 17 9.45am to 10.45am
- Woodley Library Diary of a Wimpy Kid Wednesday February 17 11am to 12noon
- Wokingham Library Harry Potter Thursday February 18 9.45am to 10.45am
- Wokingham Library Astrosaurs Thursday February 18 11am to 12noon
Rainbow Fairy Get Arty – Arts and crafts fun for children aged 5 and over. £1.50 charge, Just drop in! Maiden Erlegh Library Thursday February 18 2.15pm to 3.15pm
Get Arty – Arts and Crafts fun for Children aged 4 to 11 years old. £1.50 charge.
- Woodley Library Friday February 19 10.30am to 11.30am
- Lower Earley Library Thursday February 18 2.30pm to 3.30pm
Children’s Games Afternoon – Selection of board games and puzzles for children, Just drop in! Winnersh Library Every afternoon throughout 2pm to 4pm the holidays.
Minecraft Activity – Come and make your own Minecraft head mask, Minecraft quiz and building blocks. For children aged 5 to 10 years old. £2 charge, Places must be booked. Wokingham Library Tuesday February 16 10am to 11am
Paracord weaving workshop – Just drop in and learn how to make a survival bracelet using different weaves. For children aged 6 and over. £5 charge per bracelet. Woodley Library Saturday February 20 10.45am to 12noon
Little Explorers Book Club Activities
The Little Explorers book club library challenge is for children aged 7 and under. Children collect a stamp each time they visit the library and borrow books. When they have collected 6 stamps they receive a certificate. We also run the following activities for the under 5’s. Look out for our Storytimes, Rhymetimes and Craft times, full details available here: http://www.wokingham.gov.uk/libraries/library-groups-and-clubs/baby-and-toddler-activities/
Why not search our online catalogue from the comfort of your own home to see what’s on offer: http://www.wokingham.gov.uk/libraries
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wokinghamboroughlibraries
- Twitter: @WBC_Libraries
- Website: www.wokingham.gov.uk/libraries
- Blog: https://wokinghamboroughlibraries.wordpress.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wbc_libraries/