Activities for Adults
Poetry Reading Evening– Enjoy an evening of poetry with The Wokingham Library Poetry Group as part of our celebrations to mark the Queen’s 90th Birthday. Thursday June 2, 6.45pm to 8pm.
Reminiscence Afternoon-The Queen’s 90th Birthday – Come and chat about your memories of the Queen, watch a slide show and enjoy tea and cake! Wokingham Library Thursday June 9th 2pm to 3.30pm.
Colouring for Adults – Relax and enjoy some creative colouring in. Activity for adults on the first Wednesday in each month at Wokingham Library, 10am to 12 noon, just drop-in! Free Event
Family History drop in – Expert advice from the Berkshire Family History Society, 2pm to 5pm on the last Tuesday in each month, just drop-in to Wokingham Library!
Reminiscence Groups meet at selected libraries to discuss topics from days gone by. These are free events – just drop in!
- Wokingham Library-First Thursday in each month 10.30am to 12noon
- Woodley Libray-Last Thursday in each month 10.30am to 12noon
- Twyford Library- Second Tuesday in each month 10.30am to 12noon
Activities for children during Half- term – We have highlighted a selection of activities we have running during May Half-term – for a full list of our events visit http://wp.me/p5mHbU-Dx
Explore Learning – Free session with Explore Learning, Places must be booked.
- A Day at the Zoo for children aged 5 to 6 years old at Woodley Library on Wednesday June 1 from 9.15am to 10.15am
- Groovy Greeks for children aged 8 to 10 years old at Woodley Library on Wednesday June 1 from 10.45am to 11.45am
- Alice in Wonderland for children aged 6 to 7 years old at Lower Earley Library on Friday June 3 from 9.30am to 10.30am
- Captain Underpants for children aged 8 to 9 years old at Lower Earley Friday on June 3 from 10.45am to 11.45am
Get Arty – Come and make some royal crowns, paper chains and decorate a card to celebrate the Queen’s 90th birthday. Fun arts and crafts fun for children aged 5 and over. £1.50 charge, just drop in on Thursday June 2, 2016.
- Wokingham and Woodley Library from 10.30am to 11.30am
- Lower Earley Library from 11am to 12noon
- Maiden Erlegh Library from 3pm to 4pm
Life Bugs Story Session – Come and meet author Tina Stubbs and meet the Little Bugs, fun story session with activities. For children aged 7 and under. Places must be booked by calling 0118 969 0304. Woodley Library on Wednesday June 1 from 2pm to 2.45pm
Poppy’s Place with Katrina Charman – Come and meet the author of the Poppy’s Place series, Katrina Charman. Katrina will read some of her fantastic stories and you can also make your own version of Poppy the cat to take home. For children aged 7 to 11 year olds. Books will be available for sale and signed. Places must be booked by calling 0118 978 1368. Wokingham Library on Wednesday June 1 from 10.30am to 11.30am.
Reading Therapy Dog talk – Come and meet pets as Therapy dog Kali and hear from her owner about the work that she carries out, followed by a fun collage a dog craft activity. £1 charge, for children aged 6 to 10 years old. Places must be booked by calling 0118 978 1368. Wokingham Library on Friday June 3 from 10.30am to 11.30am
Rhymetime – Rhymes for under 5’s and their parents, Just drop into Spencers Wood Library on Thursday June 2 from 10.15am to 10.45am.
Sand Art – Just drop in and create a sand art picture with Kids Bee Happy with Maddi. £3 per picture, for children aged 4 to 11 years old at Woodley Library on Friday June 3 from 11am to 12noon.
Spiral Workshop – Come and create your own spiral mobile, which you can paint and decorate. All materials are supplied. For children aged 7 to 12 years old. £5 charge. Places must be booked by calling the relevant library.
Wokingham Library on Thursday June 2 from 2pm to 3.30pm
Storytime – Stories, rhymes and crafts for parents and children aged 5 years old and under. Free, Just drop in!
- Winnersh Library on Wednesday June 1 from 10.15am to 10.45am
- Finchampstead Library on Friday June 3 from 11am to 11.30am
Wokingham Borough Libraries Rhymetime in the Park
Across Wokingham Borough we will be hosting the following events:
Rhymetime in the Park at Dinton Pastures on Monday June 13, 10am to 12noon with rhymetimes at 10.30am and 11.30am. You can also create a shark hat and playdough sea creatures, along with other craft activities from Wokingham Borough Children’s Centres. Find out about communication and your child from the Early Years Team, get information from the Health Visiting team and about the services offered by the charity Homestart, Community Wardens and Wokingham Borough Children’s Centres. You will be able to collect a Bookstart goody bag with your free “A hole in the bottom of the sea” book and other information on the day.
We will also be having an Authors Corner with Cathy MacLennan, Layn Marlow, Tina Stubbs and Suzanne Barton who will be reading their books. Chapter One Bookshop will be selling the authors’ books on the day.
Bookstart storytimes will be on offer at the following Wokingham Borough Libraries, with under-the-sea themed tales and Shark hats to create:
- Spencers Wood Library on Monday June 6 from 4pm to 4.30pm
- Wargrave Library on Monday June 6 from 4pm to 4.30pm
- Wokingham Library on Tuesday June 7 from 4pm to 4.30pm
- Lower Earley Library on Thursday June 9 from 10.30am to 11.30am
- Woodley Library on Saturday June 11 from 11am to 11.30am
- Maiden Erlegh Library on Saturday June 18 from 10.15am to 10.45am
Under the Sea Rhymetime with songs, rhymes and stories at the following Libraries:
- Wokingham Library on Tuesday June 7 from 10.30am and 11.30am
- Finchampstead Library on Friday June 10 from 11am to 11.30am
- Lower Earley Saturday on June 11 from 11am to 11.30am
Why not search our online catalogue from the comfort of your own home to see what’s on offer: http://www.wokingham.gov.uk/libraries Don’t forget that we have a selection of eBooks, eAudio and eMagazines that you can access with your library card for free.