New Library Opening Hours from Monday April 3rd, 2017
Our new library opening hours will be introduced providing an extra 17½ hours of service per week. Have a look at your local libraries to see the new opening hours from April 3 go to http://www.wokingham.gov.uk/libraries/find-and-join-a-library/
Bank Holidays – All our Libraries will be closed on Friday April 14, Sunday April 16 and Monday April 17.
What’s on in Wokingham Borough Libraries for Adults
Printmaking Workshop with Karen Greville-Smith-learn a range of techniques in a relaxed and creative session at Wokingham Library on Friday April 7, 1pm to 3pm. £5 charge.
Monday Evening Book Group-join our new evening book group to discuss best-sellers, prize winners and favourites. The first meeting is at Wokingham Library on Monday April 10, 6pm tom 7pm and then on the second Monday in each month.
Heritage Walk-Enjoy a walk around Wokingham and learn some fascinating facts about the town’s history-with the Wokingham Society. Starts at Wokingham Library on Wednesday April 19, 10.30am to 11.45am. Free event
Book Binding Workshop-there will be the chance to learn a range of book binding techniques at our workshop at Wokingham Library on Saturday April 22, 10am to 4pm, charge £10
Origami Workshops for Adults- Come and try our origami workshops for beginners-make an origami butterfly and lily. Wokingham Library Tuesday April 25 and Thursday April 27, 10.30am to 11.30am. £3charge
Walking Book Group– Enjoy the fresh air and a chat about books as we walk around the lake at Dinton Pastures. Contact Wokingham Library to find out what book we will be discussing. Free event Thursday April 27, 10.30am to 12noon.
Play Reading Group-Join us to help celebrate Shakespeare’s birthday as we read “As You Like It” at Wokingham Library on Friday April 21, 10am to 12.30pm
Berkshire Quilters Guild- quilters from the guild will be at Wokingham Library on Saturday April 8 between 10am and 1pm to demonstrate quilting techniques, members of the public are welcome to join in. This is part of the BBC Radio & Quilters Guild creative project which is taking place in venues nationally over the weekend of April 7-9, 2017.
Tall Tales Service
Wokingham Borough Libraries now provide a service which enables learning disability groups and other community organisations to borrow Bag Books. Bag Books are unique, hand-made multi-sensory resources aimed at developing communication skills for people with learning difficulties. Bag Books are designed for those who may find it difficult to access mainstream books. They are told through voice an emotion rather than words and pictures. Bags can be borrowed for a small annual fee.
To find out more about the service contact Wokingham Library, Denmark Street, Wokingham RG40 2BB, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (0118) 9781368
What’s On in Wokingham Borough Libraries for Children
Explore Learning – Free session with Explore Learning , places must be booked.
Groovy Grammar – For children aged 7 to 8 years old.
At Woodley Library on Wednesday April 5 from 10.45am to 11.45am
National Young Writers Workshop – For children aged 5 to 12 years old.
At Woodley Library on Wednesday April 5 from 9.30am to 10.30am
At Lower Earley Library on Thursday April 6 from 9.30am to 10.30am
At Wokingham Library on Wednesday April 12 from 9.30am to 10.30am
Pirates – For children aged 8 to 11 years old.
At Lower Earley Library on Thursday April 6 from 10.45am to 11.45am
Space mission – For children aged 8 to 10 years old.
At Wokingham Library on Wednesday April 12 from 10.45am to 11.45am
Easter Poems and Stories – Share your ideas and take part in some fun writing exercises. For children aged 9 to 12 years old. Free event, places must be booked.
At Maiden Erlegh Library on Tuesday April 4 and 11 from 2.30pm to 3.30pm
Get Arty – Easter themed arts and crafts fun for children aged 4 to 11 years old. Just drop in, £1.50 charge
- At Wokingham Library on Friday April 7 from 10.30am to 11.30am
- At Woodley Library on Thursday April 6 from 10.30am to 11.30am
- At Lower Earley Library on Thursday April 6 from 2pm to 3pm
- At Twyford Library on Tuesday April 4 from 2pm to 3pm
- At Wargrave Library on Wednesday April 5 from 9.45am to 10.30am
- At Spencers Wood Library on Thursday April 6 from 11am to 12noon
- At Winnersh Library on Wednesday April 6 from 2pm to 3pm
- At Maiden Erelgh Library on Monday April 10 from 2.15pm to 3.15pm
- At Finchampstead Library on Tuesday April 11 from 2.15pm to 3.15pm
Mini Professors – Taster Session for children aged 2 to 5 years old, with science based fun. Places must be booked.
At Woodley Library on Wednesday April 12 from 10.30am to 11.15am
Printmaking – Have fun learning printmaking techniques from artist Karen Greville-Smith using Easter as inspiration. For children aged 7 and over. £3 charge
At Wokingham Library on Friday April 7 from 10am to 12noon
Sand Art – Just drop in and create a sand art picture with Kids Bee Happy with Maddi. £3 per picture. For children aged 4 to 11 years old.
- Wokingham Library Wednesday April 5 10.30am to 12.30pm
- Woodley Library Wednesday April 5 2.30pm to 4pm
- Lower Earley Library Monday April 10 10.30am to 12.30pm
Storytime – Dinsoaur Stories and rhymes for children aged 5 and under. Just drop in!
- Arborfield Pop-up Library Monday April 10 4pm to 4.30pm
- Finchampstead Library Friday April 7 11am to 11.30am
- Lower Earley Library Thursday April 13 11.15am to 11.45am
- Maiden Erlegh Library Saturday April 15 10.15am to 10.45am
- Spencers Wood Library Monday April 3 4pm to 4.30pm
- Winnersh Library Wednesday April 5 4pm to 4.30pm
- Wokingham Library Tuesday April 4 and 11 4pm to 4.30pm
- Woodley Library Saturday April 8 11am to 11.30am
Why not search our online catalogue from the comfort of your own home to see what’s on offer: http://www.wokingham.gov.uk/libraries
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wokinghamboroughlibraries
- Twitter: @WBC_Libraries
- Website: www.wokingham.gov.uk/libraries
- Blog: https://wokinghamboroughlibraries.wordpress.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wbc_libraries/