Lower Earley Library 30th Birthday celebrations
Join us for a week long celebration!
Birthday Storytime – Just drop in to hear some Birthday stories and cupcake colouring to celebrate the library’s 30th birthday. Suitable for children 5 and under. On Monday November 20, 11.15am to 11.45am
Owl Experience – Come and find out about some British Owls with this fun hands-on experience. Suitable for children aged 4 and over, £2.50 charge. Places must be booked. On Tuesday November 21, 4pm to 5pm
Birthday Coffee Morning – Help us celebrate with coffee and cakes. Local author Christine Dodsworth will also be talking about her new book “Shandy on Sunday” during the morning. Copies of the book will be available to purchase. On Thursday November 23, 10am to 12noon
For further information about the above events call Lower Earley Library on 0118 9312150
What’s on in Wokingham Libraries for Adults
Wokingham Winter Carnival- Attractions include Santa’s Grotto, Berkshire Maestros, Mr Wizard’s Punch and Judy Show and Magic Show, refreshments to purchase and Cards for Good Causes.
Wokingham Library, Sunday November 26, 11am to 4pm
Sign up for talks and events for adults at Wokingham Library in November:
- Printmaking Workshop – Have fun learning printmaking techniques from artist Karen Greville-Smith using Fireworks and Bonfire night as inspiration, £5. Saturday November 4, 1pm to 3pm
- Gibraltar – An illustrated talk with Roy and Lesley Adkins about the greatest siege in British History, £5. Wednesday November 8, 2pm to 3pm
- Thames Crossings – A talk with Tony Weston. From a ford to a flight-2000 years of getting to the other side, across, under and over the River Thames, £5. Thursday November 9, 5.45pm to 7pm
- Book Chat – Join us for book recommendations and coffee. Free Event. Thursday November 16, 10.30am to 11.30am. Just drop in!
- Festive Wireworking – Decorations Workshop with Rachel Freegard. Learn beading and wirework techniques to make beautiful, individual creations for Christmas. Saturday November 25 10am to 1pm
For further information and bookings please call (0118) 9781368
Special Events at Woodley Library for adults in November:
- Book Chat- Join us for book recommendations and coffee. Free Event. Thursday November 7, 10.30am to 11.30am. Just drop in!
- Festive Quiz Evening- Christmas themed charity quiz, sign up as an individual or as part of a team, £3 charge Friday November 24, 7pm for 7.30pm start
For further information and bookings call (0118) 9690304
As part of Wokingham Borough Libraries, in collaboration with Ziptales, we are offering this interactive reading resource for all pupils to use within Wokingham Borough.
Ziptales allows pupils to enjoy reading for pleasure with exciting interactive stories, voiceovers, animations, games, puzzles and much more.
The resource can be used right now by logging in with a Wokingham Borough library card, either at home or at school. You can find out exactly how to log in at http://ziptales.co.uk/library
What’s On in Wokingham Borough Libraries Children
- Printmaking Workshop – Have fun learning printmaking techniques from artist Karen Greville-Smith using Fireworks and Bonfire night as inspiration, £3 for children aged 7 and over. Saturday November 4, 10am to 12noon
- Snow White Storytime – Stories and rhymes for children aged 5 and under. Free, at Lower Earley Library on Monday November 13 at 11.15am.
- Art Club – Come and learn about different artists with creative activity. For children aged 7 to 11 years old. £2 charge per session, Places must be booked at the relevant library. At Winnersh Library on Wednesday November 8 from 3.45pm to 4.45pm, At Woodley Library on Thursday November 9 from 3.45pm to 4.45pm and at Wokingham Library on Friday November 10 from 3.45pm to 4.45pm
Pottery Pals– Make unique Christmas gifts. £4.50 charge plus cost of items, Places must be booked at the relevant library.
- Spencers Wood Library Thursday November 2 10.30am to 12noon
- Finchampstead Library Friday November 10 10.30am to 12noon
- Wokingham Library Wednesday November 15 10.30am to 12noon
- Woodley Library Tuesday November 21 10.30am to 12noon
- Lower Earley Library Tuesday November 28 10.30am to 12noon
Self Service Kiosks in our Libraries
Don’t forget you can save time queuing by using our new self-service kiosks. You can use them to return, renew or borrow books and other items. They are available at the following libraries:- Woodley, Lower Earley, Twyford, Winnersh, Wokingham and Finchampstead. If you would like to use the self service kiosks but need a little help the first time please ask a member of staff and they will be happy to help you.
Why not search our online catalogue from the comfort of your own home to see what’s on offer: http://www.wokingham.gov.uk/libraries