Spend less time searching for content on RBdigital and more time enjoying it with these helpful tips for accessing audiobooks, magazines and eBooks on RBdigital:
- Download All—Rather than downloading each checked out title individually, the Download All function in the app enables you to download all checked out titles with one tap. From the menu, select CHECKED OUT. Then, tap the DOWNLOAD ALL button to download all checked out titles in the audiobooks, magazines or eBooks carousels so you can access them offline.
- Hyperlink Search—Save time and view more titles from a certain author, narrator, genre, or series with easy, one-click hyperlink search in the app and browser. Select any title to open its detail page. Then, click on the author, narrator, genre, or series name to display search results matching that selection.
- Advanced Search—If you’re searching for something specific in the app or browser, Advanced Search enables you to find what you’re looking for quicker by narrowing the results. You can search by genre, for example, to find something without knowing the author or title. From the menu, select audiobooks, magazines or eBooks and click VIEW ALL to display all results for that format. Then, tap FILTER to enter advanced search criteria.
PressReader is the world’s largest digital newspaper service, and is now available free from Wokingham Borough Libraries.
- Over 7,000 newspapers and magazines from 101 countries in 60 languages
- Personal delivery – read and download on the devices of your choice
- Local and international – choose from thousands of publications from local content like The Wokingham Paper to major international titles such as The Washington Post
- Full content – full replica versions with every detail you’d see in print (including supplements)
- Current day – titles hit PressReader as soon as they’re puiblished, so you always have access to the freshest content
- Listen – the audio feature lets you listen to articles when you’re on the go
- Translate – instantly translate content into up to 17 languages
- Share – social media sharing is easy with PressReader
- Comment – join the discussion! Add your comments and opinions and publish them to your own personal channel
To access the e-Newspapers and e-magazines, visit the PressReader website www.pressreader.com
You can use the site on a laptop, or download the app to a tablet or a smartphone from this page. To login, click on the “Sign In” option, then click on the yellow “Library and Group” button. Search for “Wokingham Libraries” and select it by clicking on the logo. Enter your library card number to sign in.
You can now create a free account with your email address and a password. You can stay logged in for 30 days – after this, simply log in again using your password to carry on using the site.
For more information and help/advice, clicking on the 3 bars at the top left of the screen opens a menu from where you can access the Help Centre.
If you are having problems accessing this service, you can submit a request via the Help Centre, or email the support team at email@example.com.
Ae you interested in E–Books, Audio or e-magazines but not sure where to start with using them? Book onto a support session with one of our staff at Wokingham Library who can tell you about what we offer and help you set up your own device.
Make sure you bring your own device and your library ticket to log into the Wi-Fi, if you’re not a member of the library you will need to register before your session.
Thursday February 8, 10am – 12 noon and 4pm to 6pm. Free. Places must be booked onto our half hour slots. To book call the library on (0118) 9781368
Our e-magazine service offers you a wide range of magazines which you can read online or download to read on your computer, tablet, phone or e-reader. You can choose from over 40 titles, covering current affairs, sport, film, hobbies and much more. As well as the current issue, back copies are also available.
There is no limit to the number of magazines you can borrow at any one time, and no limit to the length of time you can keep them for.
Download the RBdigital app, (which is available through the Apple store and Google Play store) and set up an account selecting Wokingham Borough Libraries. Enter your library membership number and create a password, then enjoy browsing the magazines. We have well-known titles such as The Economist, Good Housekeeping, Country Living, Hello!, Homes and Gardens, Marie Claire, New Scientist, Woman’s Own, and TV Times…
For more information and frequently asked questions visit the RBdigital website help section.