Elmer makes the world a much brighter place. So for this year’s Elmer Day, Andersen Press are spreading the positivity of Elmer with free resources that everyone can enjoy at home. Each day we will focus on an activity and we would love you to join in and send us your creations, so we can have our own Elmer Parade! Please tag us on social media or send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
How everyone can get involved:
You can follow Elmer on Facebook and Instagram @elmerthepatchworkelephant and Elmer Website can be found here
Online Storytimes from Wokingham Borough Libraries
We love our Storytimes in Wokingham Borough Libraries and every week we share lots of stories together.
We have posted videos every Tuesday for you to view during this time, until we can start doing our sessions again.
Stories we have shared:
More videos will be posted every Tuesday, Just visit our Facebook page to view the videos: https://www.facebook.com/watch/wokinghamboroughlibraries/237093314174635/
Author Tina Stubbs have shared her book HUM BUG free for you to download for free hereHum Bug Interactive book 1
‘If you think you can, you will see… you will be the best you can be!’
Hum Bug is that miserable little bug who always says, ‘I can’t!’
Enjoy reading how positive thinking helps Hum Bug to think ‘I can!’ And what a positive change it makes to his life and those around him. This book helps to encourage ‘Growth Mindset’.
You can visit Lifes Little Bugs Websitefor more books and activities.
‘Why not take advantage of the special offer on the other award-winning Life’s Little Bugs Ebooks. For a limited time only!’ just visit: https://www.lifeslittlebugs.co.uk/store
Check out these awesome Alien Storytime Books to enjoy:
- There’s an alien in your book by Tom Fletcher; illustrated by Greg Abbott
- Ten little aliens by Mike Brownlow, Simon Rickerty
- Aliens love dinopants by Claire Freedman & Ben Cort
- Two Little Aliens by Sam Lloyd
- Aliens love smelly jelly by Tony Mitton, Guy Parker-Rees
- Aliens in Underpants Save the World by Claire Freedman & Ben Cort
- Astro the robot dog by Claire Freedman, Russell Julian
- Knock Knock Alien by Caryl Hart & Nick East
- Wanda and the alien go camping by Sue Hendra
- Wanda and the alien to the rescue by Sue Hendra
- Welcome to Alien School by Caryl Hart & Ed Eaves
Here are some fantastic activities to go along with the stories:
It’s World Penguin Day! Story and Activity Ideas
Here are some of our favourite Penguin Stories and activities
Penguin Books to try
Penguin Art Activities to try
Supertato! Storytime Book Recommendations for the under 7’s!
Check out these books by Sue Hendra and Paul Linnet:
- Evil Pea rules!
- Carnival catastro-pea!
- Veggies in the Valley of Doom!
- Run, veggies, run!
- Veggies assemble!
All of the recommended titles can be borrowed from Wokingham Borough Libraries https://wokingham.spydus.co.uk
We run storytimes in our libraries, visit our Whats on page and select the library, to see the storytime dates and times!
All of the March Storytime’s will have a Supertato theme.
- Spencers Wood Library Monday March 2 at 3.45pm to 4.15pm
- Finchampstead Library Friday March 6 at 11am to 11.30am
- Wargave Library Saturday March 7 at 10.30am to 11am
- Woodley Library Saturday March 14 at 11am to 11.30am
- Twyford Library Tuesday March 17 at 3.45pm to 4.15pm
Storytime Takeover with Author Fiona Barker
Come and hear the story of Danny and the Dream Dog with author Fiona Barker.
On Wokingham Library at Tuesday February 25 from 4pm to 4.30pm
Free to attend, just drop in!
Bookstart Storytime at
Arborfield Green Community Centre
Come and join Wokingham Borough Libraries for Storytime at Arborfield Green Community Centre. Stories and rhymes for parents and children to enjoy together. For families with children aged 5 and under.
First Wednesday of every month from 9.50am to 10.10am
This is part of the Children’s Centre Play and Learn session that runs from 9.30am to 11am at Arborfield Green Community Centre, Princess Marina Drive, Arborfield RG2 9NW
The next session will be on Wednesday 3 October with stories about bears.
For more information contact Bookstart on 0118 974 3711 or to speak to a Wokingham Borough Family Worker on 0118 908 8166
Please note: Wokingham Children’s Centre sessions are for Wokingham Borough Residents only. We are unable to offer sessions to out of borough residents.
Pirate Storytime’s for International Talk Like a Pirate Day on Wednesday September 19, 2018
Come a celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day at Wokingham and Woodley Libraries.
Come dressed as a pirate and join in with some fun stories, songs and colouring activities.
- Wokingham Library Wednesday September 19 3.30pm to 4pm
- Woodley Library Wednesday September 19 3.30pm to 4pm
Suitable for the under 8’s, Just drop in!