What’s On for Children in Wokingham Borough Libraries February Half-term 2019
Explore Learning – Angular Architecture* – Pop on your hard hats as the children become architects. They will learn the areas and angles required to construct the homes of our future. Can they tell their right angles from their acute. Free session with Explore Learning, for children aged 7 to 9 years old.
- Wokingham Library Wednesday February 20 10.45am to 11.45am
- Lower Earley Library Thursday February 21 10.45am to 11.45am
- Woodley Library Friday February 22 10.45am to 11.45am
Explore Learning – Fun with Phonics* – The children will investigate rhyming words and why they rhyme. They will use their phonics to help them sound the words accurately. What do the words bat, hat and rat all have in common? Free session with Explore Learning, for children aged 4 to 6 years old.
- Wokingham Library Wednesday February 20 9.30am to 10.30am
- Lower Earley Library Thursday February 21 9.30am to 10.30am
- Woodley Library Friday February 22 9.30am to 10.30am
Get Arty – Arts and crafts for children aged 4 to 12 years old. £1.50 charge, Just drop in!
Wokingham Library Friday February 22 10.30am to 11.30am
Guide Dog Morning – Just drop into learn and meet guide dogs and their owners.
Wokingham Library Monday February 18 10am to 12noon
Quirks Animal Roadshow – Quirks Animal Roadshow will allow children to interact with a variety of animals. For families with children aged 4 to 12 years old. Please phone to book a place, £ 4 per child.
- Wargrave Library Wednesday February 20 11am to 12noon
- Wokingham Library Thursday February 21 11am to 12noon
Rhymetime – Rhymes for under 5’s and their parents, Just drop in! Free Event
- Twyford Library Tuesday February 19 11am to 11.30am
- Finchampstead Library Friday February 22 11am to 11.30am
- Wokingham Library Wednesday February 20 10am and 11am
Sand Art– Just drop in and create a picture with Kids Bee Happy with Maddi. £4 per picture, for children aged 4 to 11 years old.
- Lower Earley Library Monday February 18 10.30am to 12.30pm
- Wokingham Library Tuesday February 19 10.30am to 12.30pm
- Woodley Library Wednesday February 20 10.30am to 12.30pm
Storytime – Stories and rhymes for children aged 7 and under. Free
- Twyford Library Tuesday February 19 3.45pm to 4.15pm
- Wokingham Library Tuesday February 19 4pm to 4.30pm
Storytime with author Rachel Jane – Come and join author Rachel Jane to listen to Lil’s Cupcake Delivery. Enjoy the story of Lil the Campervan on her quest to help her friend deliver all of her cupcakes and, see if she can deliver them all on time and in one piece! Please book at the library.
- Lower Earley Library Thursday February 21 1.30pm to 2.30pm
- Woodley Library Thursday February 21 10.30am to 11.30am
The Magic Tinderbox – Join The Enchanted Players Theatre Company in this show about a soldier on a special journey, we ask the children to help him with his important decisions, The moral being: “To be happy with what you have, not to crave for more.” with free face painting after the show. Please book at the library, £5 charge per person.
Woodley Library Monday February 18 2.30pm to 3.30pm
All events must be booked unless otherwise stated, please contact the relevant library to book your place.
Wokingham Borough Libraries Contact details
|Arborfield Library 0780 1664520
Finchampstead Library (0118) 908 8176
|Wargrave Library (0118) 940 4656
Winnersh Library (0118) 979 7519
|Lower Earley Library (0118) 931 2150
Spencers Wood Library (0118) 988 4771
|Wokingham Library (0118) 978 1368
Woodley Library (0118) 969 0304
|Twyford Library (0118) 934 0800|